Assisted Living in Melbourne – Brevard County
The most important thing you can do when choosing a home health care agency is to ask questions. Here are some important, general issues to discuss, but be sure to ask any specific questions for your unique situation as well.
- Ask about state licensing and malpractice and liability insurance. A reputable company will be able to show you proof for both.
- Be sure you clarify the types of service they offer, even if you don’t think you will be needing them right away. Many times the type of care needed can change as time goes on and you want to be sure that the agency you choose will be able to adapt and continue providing services as your needs change.
- Ask for references and contact the references provided. A company should be able to provide you with multiple professional references, including medical facilities and social workers that they have worked with before.
- Clarify how they charge for their services, what kind of insurance they accept, and how it will be billed. It is your responsibility to be aware of any portion of the bill that could possibly need to be paid out of pocket, as well.
- Inquire about how employees are evaluated before being hired and what kind of continuing training they receive. Since these employees will be coming into your home, you want to be confident that they have been background checked and their references verified. Continuing education is also important to keep them up to date and their skills fresh.