Medication management and picking up prescriptions for your senior loved one are a few of the services offered by dedicated providers from Champion Brevard Home Health Care.
A complementary consultation allows our Director of Nursing to design a specialized program to meet each individual client’s needs. Some of the benefits of being on a medication management program include:
- An RN gives each client an assessment of all body systems.
- A medication list is created and a plan of care is communicated to the physician for approval.
- We work closely with the client’s physician and staff and pharmacy and family.
- Medication management visits can be scheduled weekly or monthly depending on client needs.
The goal of our medication management program is to reduce medication non-compliance and medication-related injuries.
Consider the following statistics:
- 50% of seniors take an average of eight medications or more regularly, according to the National Council on Aging.
- 53% of hospitalized patients there for medication-related injuries were over the age of 65, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
A leading cause of death and injury is from adverse drug events. Our policies and procedures give you and your loved one the confidence to rest assured all medications are managed in the safest way possible. You simply cannot underestimate the power of peace of mind. Champion Brevard Home Health Care knows how important the well being of your family member is and we strive to assist our clients with the utmost in care.
Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation to see if a medication management program from Champion Brevard Home Health Care is right for your senior loved one!